Training and development for teams, managers and leaders. We have lots of experience working in the public, private and third sectors, working with your people on the ground through to the executive team. Here are our approaches to developing leaders and managers:
Management and Leadership Training Programmes
We provide standalone training sessions, component parts of training programmes and full management and leadership development programmes. Our courses are always tailored to suit you particular requirements. They can be espresso, half-day, one-day and multi-day programmes which can be held onsite, offsite, residential, distance learning or project-based or team-based.
John Chisholm and associates cover a wide range of the key management and leadership subject areas you and your people need to be effective at work. Some examples are listed below. Call us today to discuss your training needs.
- Becoming a Conflict Competent Leader
- Developing High Performing Teams
- Leading Change / Change Management Essentials
- Leading Quality Improvement / Quality Improvement Toolkit
- Creating a Customer Service Excellence Culture
- Courageous Conversations
- Values Led Leadership
- Inspirational Leadership
- Team Leader Toolkit / Engaging Your Team
- Continuous Coaching / Coaching Skills for Leaders
- CMI Level 5 and 7 Certificate / Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring
- Introduction to Management – Essential skills for new or returning managers
- Performance Management Masterclass / Conducting Effective Appraisals
- Negotiation Skills
- Sales Skills
- Business Planning
We offer accreditation too, including Awards, Certificates and Diplomas typically at levels 3, 5 and 7. Accreditation is available through the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) or through certain universities. Contact us for more information.
Coaching is a cost effective and time efficient approach for developing leaders. Coaching has many useful applications for leaders and managers. These include:
- Performance coaching to improve performance in specific skills or tasks
- Transformational coaching to improve executive skills like decision making
- Preparing yourself for a significant transition (within current role or career)
- Reducing the impact of derailing behaviours by building self awareness
- Creating a greater sense of purpose and satisfaction at work
- Almost any aspect of your work or career related development
Feedback based Leader Development
Feedback based development is a common approach to developing leaders. It uses assessment tools to gain feedback from people above, below and at the same level, and in some instances from clients and customers (360 degree feedback).
You can have role specific, fully customisable 360˚ tools that are psychometrically validated. By asking the right questions, you can gain more useful feedback to help improve job performance and leadership effectiveness.
For NHS leadership development I use the Healthcare Leadership Model in both self-assessment and 360 degree formats.
Other Options for Developing Leaders and Managers
- Co-design and delivery with key business partners – Case study to follow.
- Community and charity based development programmes – Case study to follow.
- Residential based programmes
- Distance / online learning
- Project based development – Case study to follow.
- Hardship based development
- Accredited with ILM, CMI and Universities
Psychometric Tools and Assessments
We use a wide variety of psychometric tools and assessments according to each client’s needs (e.g., MBTI, SDI, 16PF). These are entirely optional and may not always be the best choice.
These tools can help benchmark development progress. They can be used to profile personality, emotional intelligence, stress responses, conflict competence, derailing behaviours and so on.
Get in Touch
Call us today to discuss your training needs on 01225 344 981, or click here for full contact details. We look forward to hearing from you!
“John has provided various pieces of work – some specific project work and also training development and delivery. He is good to work with at all levels and I would highly recommend him. Don’t give him too much business though as we want him to still do more work for us!”
Karen Allman, HR Director